I'm building a server for 3000 registered users with concurrency around 150 at a time
The specs are:
- Six core processor
- 16gb ddr3 ram
- 128 SSD main drive
- 2x raid 1 256gb hdd backup drive
OS : Centos 7 with virtualmin
Moodle will serve text based lecture and 10 question quiz for each lessons.
Total 20 lessons each have 10 modules (pages and quiz).
My questions are:
- Is the specs good enough?
- Will the applications heavy on processor or hdd ?
- WIll using faster ssd reduced RAM requirements? If ssd speed helps, i'm planning to add another one in raid 0
About the Moodle modules:
I have 2 options to deliver the lessons with either:
- Page resource + Quiz activity in separately
- Use Lesson activity which includes pages and quiz
which option reduce the IO to the hardware?