Activity completion default settings

Activity completion default settings

by Bob Ridge-Stearn -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All

Moodle 3.3

I realise that activity completion default settings work at course level and that completion tracking can be turned on/off at site level

I have a Moodle with hundreds of courses and I want to force activity completion on on all activities/resources that are already on the courses and for the settings to be predefined. For example:

• Label - 'do not indicated completion'
  • Pages = Student must view this activity to complete it
  • Assignments = Manual

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Bob Ridge-Stearn
Newman University UK

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Ridge-Stearn

Re: Activity completion default settings

by Andrea Johnson -

Kia ora Bob.  I am finding myself wanting to do the same. Did you have any luck?

In reply to Bob Ridge-Stearn

by Brandon Jimenez -

Hello Bob

I'd like to do something similar as well. My best bet is that i'd involve doing it directly on the DB.

In reply to Brandon Jimenez

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

You're probably right Brandon. Using phpMyAdmin, or similar, go into the [prefix]_courses table and add the SQL statement 

UPDATE `mdl_course` SET `enablecompletion`="1",`completionnotify`="1"

Click the "Go" button and it should update the entire table. Obviously the statement is going to be very different if you don't have phpMyAdmin, or similar, and you have to update via the CLI. Just as obviously, if you cannot access your database, for whatever reason, then this becomes somewhat unlikely, but usually there is an administrator of some sort you can talk to to get what you want. 

I don't think that there are any other tables that require updating, but if you go and look and your courses have not been altered to suit completion, then you are going to have to look for them.