Participants view should be merged with Enrolled users view

Participants view should be merged with Enrolled users view

by stefan weber -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers

I don't see the point of the division between Participants view and Enrolled users view that has been introduced with Moodle 3.

What's the point of having a participants view that does not allow you to add more participants?

All it does is confuse our users ("where can i enrol students?" is asked constantly) by hiding an essential action.

I think the whole direction that the Moodle interface has been heading for is questionable, requiring more clicks for the same actions with every version, and hiding essential actions in ever more obscure menus. 

The two worst examples of this are the elimination of the possibility of displaying edit icons instead of the edit dropdown menu (an additional click for EVERY action!) and hiding the turn edit mode on button in a dropdown menu (another additional click...), but I will post about those separately.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to stefan weber

Re: Participants view should be merged with Enrolled users view

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Stefan. This is being worked on for Moodle 3.4. You can see the progress by logging into our QA testing site which runs the latest development version of Moodle

Participants enrolled users 3.4