External Database plugin

External Database plugin

by Jessi Auslander -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I uninstalled the external database authentication plugin, assuming that I could easily reinstall it, however I am unable to find it anywhere now.

Is there any way to reinstall the plugin?

Please help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jessi Auslander

Re: External Database plugin

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

As far as I know, it's not available as a separate plugin download, but .... could try this:

download the version of Moodle you have.   Unzip it locally.  Upload the 'db' directory in the unzipped local archive moodlecode/auth/ to moodlecode/auth/ directory on server.   Set ownerships/permissions like the other directories/files in the server code.

Then check site by going to Site Admin menu, Notifications.   Hopefully, Moodle will see something that needs to be installed and do the database.

The version.php file in the 'db' directory might need twaking to match version numbers seen in the other version.php files of auth directories.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: External Database plugin

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I wouldn't fiddle with the version.php file as this can cause you grief at update time. I would just upgrade the whole Moodle to the latest version on that branch.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)