Issue with email delivery

Issue with email delivery

by Joseph Piper -
Number of replies: 1

Greetings,

I have installed the "certificate plugin" which to my knowledge is the old plugin. A little background, I am using the certificate plugin to create certificates upon completion of a training course. I would like the user to receive the email with their pdf certificate as well as add some alternative email addresses that will also be notified of a certificate being awarded.

My issue is that the automated emails, which are being sent to the user awarded the certificate, are being sent from a random user account's name.

"John Test" is a test account which is not enrolled in the course. After deleted that user it simply just picks another user. As you can see below.

I would like for the name to be our website name (shortname) changeable on the front page settings from the administration. Below is a picture of how certificates used to be awarded. "noreply@_______________" which works.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to know any more settings I have.

Thanks,

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Piper

Re: Issue with email delivery

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Assuming you are using the old plugin (mod_certificate) -

In the certificate settings you should be able to list other emails you wish the certificate to be sent to.

RE: the email address being used - looking at the code it seems to use a teacher's email (if there are multiple it grabs the first one (no idea why but that is what it does - I didn't write the initial code for this plugin smile)), which if invalid uses the setting 'noreplyaddress' (search for this setting in the site administration search), if that hasn't been set it uses noreply@<yourhost>.

If you want to change this then you will have to make modifications to mod/certificate/locallib.php and look for the function responsible for emailing.

HTH,

Mark

Average of ratings: Useful (1)