Teacher's can't add files to courses

Teacher's can't add files to courses

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

When my teacher's try to upload a file using the File activity  (examples are word, .pdf or excel) within a course, They are receiving the error "Course or activity not accessible." They are able to add images to pages via drag-and-drop.

The teachers can upload files to their my private files area, and move them around. However, when a teacher tries to add the file from the My Private Files area to a course the file manager does not seem to have a save button (see image) and files do not save.

I'm pretty sure it's a permission issue, however i have checked roles for users - front page authenticated, authenticated, student and teacher and their are no prohibits on. Teachers also have allow access to private files, url upload, recent and embedded files.

We are using Moodle Version 3.1.2+ ..... i can't remembering this being an issues earlier in the year. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Leticia

Attachment teachercannotuploadfile.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

Re: Teacher's can't add files to courses

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to clarify: the bottom of your screenshot is grey - is that what teachers see? So they click on a file in their Private files area to select it and then they don't see the Save and return to course or the Save and display at the bottom - is that what they are experiencing?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Hi Mary,

Yes that's correct. However it only occurs hen they are trying to add via file activity in courses. They see this (screenshot) when adding via private files under dashboard.

Attachment privatefilesteacher.png
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't understand where the first screenshot comes from - it says File manager.l If I click the File resource and then go to select a file, I see File picker as in your second screenshot. If I click into the text editor and click Manage files icon  from there, I do see the File manager, for example. So how are they getting to where they see File manager, as in your screenshot?