Question Tags/Management (MUA)

Re: Question Tags/Management (MUA)

by Dennis Mix -
Number of replies: 2

Imagine if we could tag a question based on the cognitive level (i.e. Knowledge, Comprehension, etc) and then run a report that would show the cognitive level of a quiz based on those tags (i.e. Knowledge 13%, Comprehension 24%, Application 3%, etc.).

This would allow us to more effectively manage rigor in our assessments, provide a quiz "difficulty" level for our students and could also show us to what level our students are performing best.

Lastly, if the tags were made visible in the question bank, we could select questions more easily based on the tag (cognitive level).

Just a few of my thoughts as I am attempting to work through test analysis issues at our school. Thank you for listening...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dennis Mix

Re: Question Tags/Management (MUA)

by Jim Becker -

I am just beginning to learn to use Moodle and quiz tagging is at the top of my list of features I would like to understand and/or have developed.  I like the idea of tagging questions based on cognitive level.  Personally, my primary interest in question tagging is to link them to a course outcomes, or course concepts.  I would then like to report over various quizzes how well a student performed on questions related to a given course concept (tag).