User changing quiz timeout

User changing quiz timeout

by Lukin Zoon -
Number of replies: 3

Srs,

When starting a questionnaire, initially it starts to run a while, however, when someone changes the clock of windows happens that the time of the questionnaire also changes.

I wanted to know some way to change this or if there is a possibility.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lukin Zoon

Re: User changing quiz timeout

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Students are so inventive!!  You could set your Moodle server to be fixed to your time zone in the admin location settings

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Lukin Zoon -

They're very inventive even hahaha, I took the test here and everything went well.

Thanks a lot for the help!

In reply to Lukin Zoon

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Students are not changing the time at which Moodle will accept their response. Students are only changing the helpful number displayed on their monitor. It is like this:

Student is sitting in an exam hall for a 3 hour exam, with a proctor/invigilator at the front who will tell people when to start and stop. At 10:00, the student is told to start, and the check their wristwatch, and see that also shows 10:00, so the exam will finish at 13:00.

At 12:00, the student thinks "Help, I am running out of time", and so winds their wristwatch back to 11:00. Now they have an extra hour, right?

Well, no. Of course not. There is still only 1 hour before the invigilator says stop. All that happens in that the student has confused themself about how much time is left.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)