I am happy to announce that there was a new updated version of the Plugins directory deployed last week. It brings improvements in displaying the stats related to published plugins.
- The charts rendering has switched from the legacy YUI libraries to the new chart API based on the nice chart.js framework. This makes charts to look and behave better, especially on mobile devices and on screen resizing.
- MDLSITE-4399 has been implemented - the plugin's stats page now shows not only the number of sites having the plugin installed, but also provides detailed data on those sites Moodle versions. This is expected to help the plugin maintainers to estimate the demand for supporting older Moodle version.
- The plugin downloads charts now display data for longer period. The "Version downloads by month" shows data from the last 12 months. This chart has also been improved for plugins with many released versions. In the past, the chart become easily unusable due to too many data series to display. The new version either
- displays data for all available versions if there are no more than 10 of them
- or it displays data for all current versions only (that is the latest version for each supported moodle branch)
It is a good opportunity to remind that these stats are based on anonymous requests for available updates. We do not track the site identity, geo-location, IP or other sensitive data. Additionally, there are likely to be more sites with the plugin installed not counted in these stats.
Hope this helps.