General help

Help with notifications

Picture of Ivan Alamo
Help with notifications

Good night mates, I'm working with Moodle 3.3, I've been manipulating code and suddenly the internal notifications have stopped working. Users do not see the balloon with the number of notifications. Does anyone know where I can find the original moodle file where notifications are handled? Thanks for the help.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: Help with notifications
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

"I've been manipulating code"

If that's core code, then don't!   Might help if you tell us what you are trying to achieve?  

(https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Notifications)

Picture of Ivan Alamo

In my moodle the red balloon no longer appears with the number of notifications, however the notifications if they arrive. I have tried changing the theme, and the same thing happens. I suspect it may be some SCSS stylesheet.

Picture of Howard Miller
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

What did you change, or what happened to make it disappear? 

Picture of Ivan Alamo

I just installed the moove theme (https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_moove) and modified some CSS files. The case is that I changed the theme, one of moodle, and still giving failure.

Picture of Howard Miller

If you return to a core theme, does it fix it (might have saved some time to mention the theme change at the start!).

If so, it's a problem with the theme. Best thing is to find its GitHub page and report the issue. 

Picture of Ivan Alamo

I have tried to change the original theme of moodle but still no notifications appear, so discard that is a theme problem. 

Picture of Ivan Alamo

I have been able to solve it, it is a Moodle 3.3 error. When you deactivate the messaging service, the notification balloons stop appearing.

Picture of Alice Chen
回复: Help with notifications

Hello, guys. After reading the whole post, we can get solutions to deal with the trouble quickly and safely. Thanks for your nice sharing.