3.3 can't find option to create groups

3.3 can't find option to create groups

by eon Technologies -
Number of replies: 2

I've scoured the entire Moodle 3.3 website that I am running and I cannot for the life of me find settings to create groups. 

I don't have the option for Course Administration > Users > Groups as described on support pages. I do have a Users tab and Course, but nothing in either tab for groups. Only cohorts show in Users which is the closest thing I can find for groups. [Group creation page for moodle]

When I create calendar events, I cannot make them for specific cohorts. Moodle support pages show that creating events for certain people can be done with groups, but nothing mentions cohorts.

What am I missing?

I'm set as the site admin and a manager but still don't see options or groups. [Moodle calendar showing for groups]

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eon Technologies

Odg: 3.3 can't find option to create groups

by N Zorko -
User groups are placed under specific course:

- Click on the course > Actions > More > Course Administration > Users > Groups

User case (how I understand it)

Let's say you have Students in year 2019 (cohort). Those students are attending same course, but half of them have to do special assignments and you create two groups.

More about this: https://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Groups

Attachment groups.png
In reply to eon Technologies

Re: 3.3 can't find option to create groups

by Mandy Connick -

hiya, 

did you find a solution to your problem?

We have just upgraded to 3.3 and are having the same issues with not being able to add groups to our courses - a nightmare and i have searched and trawled everywhere. All guidance keeps saying is look for course administration, i cannot find this either sad