LDAP user sync issue with moodle3.3.

LDAP user sync issue with moodle3.3.

by Shahnawaz Khan -
Number of replies: 1

Dear All,

I was using moodle 3.0 in my college, every thing was working fine, one day we noticed that, user sync job is unable to create new user in moodle but updates all existing. Receiving error duplicate user entry found in mdl_user hence removed that user from data base and corrected the space related issue in AD also. but it does not solve my problem, upgraded the moodle to 3.3 and synchronizes again by using moodle sync task throughe web page. then got below error. 

Execute scheduled task: LDAP users sync job (auth_ldap\task\sync_task)

... started 13:37:55. Current memory use 29.9MB.

Connecting to LDAP server...

Creating temporary table tmp_extuser

Updating user shaima id 9275

User entries to be added: 4

... used 46894 dbqueries

... used 150.749751091 seconds

Scheduled task failed: LDAP users sync job (auth_ldap\task\sync_task),The given username contains invalid characters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again i run the synchronization through command prompt by "LDAP_user_sync.php script received below error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

User entries to be added: 4

Database transaction aborted automatically in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle/auth/lda

p/cli/sync_users.php

Default exception handler: The given username contains invalid characters Debug:

Error code: invalidusername

* line 48 of \user\lib.php: moodle_exception thrown

* line 950 of \auth\ldap\auth.php: call to user_create_user()

* line 70 of \auth\ldap\cli\sync_users.php: call to auth_plugin_ldap->sync_users

()

!!! The given username contains invalid characters !!!

!!

Error code: invalidusername !!

!! Stack trace: * line 48 of \user\lib.php: moodle_exception thrown

* line 950 of \auth\ldap\auth.php: call to user_create_user()

* line 70 of \auth\ldap\cli\sync_users.php: call to auth_plugin_ldap->sync_us

ers()

!!

Potential coding error - existing temptables found when disposing database. Must be dropped!

Kindly help me to resolve this issue. 

AT the same time i installed fresh moodle 3.3 on new server, user synchronization is working fine. and its update all existing user and newly created user also. but the same is not happening in our production server as explained above. 

Regards,

Skhan 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shahnawaz Khan

Ynt: LDAP user sync issue with moodle3.3.

by Arda Cetin -

I also have the same problem. Did you solve this problem?