Slider Bug In Academi Theme

Slider Bug In Academi Theme

by Ultra Max -
Number of replies: 25

Hello..

I'm Using "Academi" Theme, In the slider I have 4 images (slides), but when entering the site or refreshing the "Site Home" slider stands still (not sliding) if i click next image (slide) then it's working sliding as must be...

My Question: How to make slider automatically sliding when entering the site?

There is no additional controls / options for sliding in the Academi Theme Functions (Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Academi).

Where can I change that option?

Thank you In Advanced!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ultra Max

Re: Slider Bug In Academi Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi I was reading about this in the Bootstrap 2.3 notes about the Carousel. Apparently it is a fault.

Gareth fixed this using some JavaScript. I use that script in most of my Themes now.

So if you have access to your Moodle site then you could Copy the following files then add them to your theme.

HOW TO ADD THE FILES

1. Make a copy of this file.  https://github.com/lazydaisy/moodle-theme_morecandy/blob/master/javascript/morecandy.js
  2. Change all the instances of Morecandy to Academi this includes the file name too.
  3. Create a JavaScript directory in the academI theme folder and ADD the file  you just created in 2. above
  4. Then ADD the following PHP rule to your Aacademi theme's config.php 

$THEME->javascripts_footer = array('academi');

Hope this helps?

Mary

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

Thank You Very Much Mary Evans for your help..

I did everything as you described above, but result is the same...

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ok...well without seeing your website.I can only go on how mine works and that carousel is automatic scrolling using the above method.

My websit

Perhaps Aacademi is missing some settings in the HTML...better you ask the person who built that theme as the Carousel may be a different one than the Bootstrap one?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

Hello Mary Evans..

I found the developer of "Academi" Them and sent an explanation message, waiting for the reply...

Here is my site: (still testing and customizing) https://e-learning.sou.edu.ge/?redirect=0

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

Well it seems to be working OK to me as it worked first time within seconds of me entering the page just now.

Were you aware that if the Mouse hovers over the slide it stops?

Move the mose and it starts again!

So as far as I can see there is nothing stopping that slider from working as it is ment to.

Did you not add that js file I suggested in my comment above? If so I could not find it listed in the script tags in the frontpage.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

Really?..... did you click something....

When enter the site stay there for some time and then try to refresh the main (home) page... slider will stand still...

Very strange for me not working....

I purged all site cache, cleared the browser cache.. but still the same when entering not sliding automatically....

What browser do you use?

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

Try Purging all caches

Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

I did it....

Purged all caches (Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches) and in addition cleared browser chaches too: I'm testing on (Firefox, Chrome, Opera)....

The same

when you opened my site did you refreshed it ? 

and after thet it's working?

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

Check that the Mouse pointer is NOT hovering over the slide as that will stop it working.

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

It is stopped now - what changes have you made?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

I did Nothing.... Quite nothing..

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

I do not see that file I told you to add. Have you removed it?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

yes I removed it, because  I couldn't see any difference.. it was the same as it is now.

I'll add it again in a few seconds

I added it again.....

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

OK...I am not sure what file you added but the one I have just seen looks like a copy from the github...which is part HTML and a lot of strange characters.

What it should have looked like is this:

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

I uploaded "academi.js" to the (theme > academi > javascript )

Then added the code to  (theme > academi > config.php) you give me above: $THEME->javascripts_footer = array('academi');

Is this correct or I did something wrong?

Thank you Mary Evans for your help & Support

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

What is there now is correct and I see the scroller working OK.

Are you seeing that too?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -

Now it is not working...so I think there is a conflict with JS somewhere!

Sometimes it works and other time it stops!

Strange!!!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

Yes Mary you're quite right.... I noticed that too.. and couldn't figure out where is the conflict.

For Example: if you open the site from another computer, at first time slider works (sliding well), but after refreshing the page stops sliding ... 

Really very strange..

I mailed to the developers of the "Academi" Theme and described this issue...

Waiting for the reply from them...

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

Hi.

The Academi theme I have uses the Boost theme as its parent theme, and yet it also uses Bootstrap 2.0 for the Carousel.

So it could be this which is casuing the conflict as the two versions Bootstrap 4 Alpha and Bootstrap 2 are not compatible, becasue the class selectors names are different.

I'll have a play around with this idea this evening and see if I can resolve it, as the slider looks great on your site.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

Thanks Mary, That's perfect....

I'm very highly interested what is the problem...

With Best Wishes...

In reply to Ultra Max

by Mary Evans -

That was a big mistake for me to have even thought about trying to fix this theme.

In looking at the code, I found it overly complicated with old ideas in new version of Moodle. Makes for a really bad set up.

jQuery is part of Moodle now and yet this theme is using old methods that were dropped in Moodle 2.9.

The Carousel JS  is old and called into the theme via  the lib.php which is contrary to how Moodle works, so to me this is like reinventing the wheel.

Sorry but this is a nightmare of a theme to meddle with. There is a whole load of code I would strip out and just leave the settings but I fear this would be a bad thing and not that helpful in this case.

Pity as the theme looks good  in your aite.

Technically speaking, if the carousel HTML within the settings for this feature are compatible with Bootsstrap 4 Alpha. Then all the carousel JS files could be dumped and allow the correct JS files provided in Boost theme do its Magic!

Sorry it did not work out as I had hoped.

Mary.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Ultra Max -

Hello Mary, Greatest thanks for everything...

Really very pity that this theme wasn't as new and fresh as must be....  I think I have to find another Theme, something suitable for me and will redesign it again... 

I wrote to developers of the Academi Theme, (Explained this issue) but no answer yet... If they do update would be perfect, but I suspect that they will do a mass upgrade of the theme.. (They have very bad support, many users asking questions, having problems, but no answer).

I think I have to move to another theme, because I don't know in the future what will happen to this theme...  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

Tárgy: Re: Slider Bug In Academi Theme

by Istvan Peto -

Hi,

I have the same issue with the latest Academi theme (moodle: 3.3.1). Your javascript code makes the carouse work but breaks the gear menus in courses. I get these console logs when I click on them:

jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #

at Function.ga.error (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

at ga.tokenize (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

at ga.select (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

at Function.ga [as find] (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

at r.fn.init.find (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

at r.fn.init (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

at r (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

at c (bootstrap.js:181)

at HTMLAnchorElement.toggle (bootstrap.js:181)

at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery-3.1.0.min.js:1)

I've read later in this discussion that this theme is quite a mess, but would you have an idea to fix this bug nonetheless?
In reply to Istvan Peto

Trả lời: Tárgy: Re: Slider Bug In Academi Theme

by Thanh Binh Hoang -

Hello !

I have the same issue with Academi (Moodle 2.8). I don't know why this theme only runs in Firefox and Chrome but not in IE 11. It seems to have something wrong with Bootstrap.

Ex: When i browse my website in Firefox, carousel javascript can not automatically run the slides, i have to click to the slide button for the first times and then slideshows may continue running (must click for the first time, not auto run). While browsing on IE11, it absolutely keep silent.

I've followed Mary's steps above in this discussion but still not fix this bug. How could i do to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Thanh Binh Hoang

Re: Trả lời: Tárgy: Re: Slider Bug In Academi Theme

by Ultra Max -

Post here your site and i'll take a look...