Webdav repository and minisites

Webdav repository and minisites

by john danid -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone.

A few days ago, I posted this message at "repository" forum with no answer. So I decided to try here.

After understand the new path decided by "Moodle core" developers and read a lot of complains about the file management in Moodle 2.X, I think there will be necessary to make "repository system" stronger and intelligent to handle "minisites" via Webdav at least, in other words, html contents with images, css, etc.

I read a message where Martin Dougiamas explains that MOODLE is no a "file repository", which is true. But the other true is that teachers are the main creators of learning materials and took advantages and motivation creating learning contents in HTML format.

So it would be great if WEBDAV allows to link "minisites" build from HTML contents.

After this explanation, here is my problem:

I have some troubles setting up a webdav repository to show "minisites".

The big purpose of this is to create a repository with a public and private area that will be accessed for several applications and one of those is Moodle. I want to keep centralized the maintenance of the content in one place.

Here we go.

SCENARIO:

I have a repository directory which has two subdirectories: public and private. The public directory is not a problem because it can be accessed by anyone. The private directory is handled by webdav configuration with Apache2.

From my MOODLE 2.4.1+ (Build: 20130222), I'm trying to show a popup window with content that comes from a directory located at webdav directory (private directory). I configured properly the webdav repository in Moodle and I can see the files in the file manager after selecting "My webdav repository".

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john danid

Re: Webdav repository and minisites

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello John. I am moving your post to the General help forum as it's more appropriate there smile