Group Enrolment Key weirdness

Group Enrolment Key weirdness

by Alan Brown -
Number of replies: 4

Using 3.3.1 and I'm adding a Group Enrolment Key method. I set up the Enrolment key in the Self-enrolment settings, enable Group Enrolment keys, then add a new key for the Group in Group settings.

However, when a student goes to enrol, they see TWO requests for enrolment keys - one for the course (first one) and one for the group (second). I realise they only need to enter the correct key into the second, but having two different request appear is extremely confusing.

Is there a way to hide the first request - or shouldn't it even be appearing?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Brown

Re: Group Enrolment Key weirdness

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

They should only see one key option, and enter the group enrolment key into that. Could you send screenshots of how you set up the course and group enrolment keys? (I haven't tried group enrolment keys for a while but I will go and do that now to ensure it still works as it should)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Alan Brown -

Thanks Mary. This is my setting up under Self Enrolment options with an enrolment key:

Under groups, I create a group and enter a different key here:

When I log in as a student and go to this page, this is what I am greeted with:

In reply to Alan Brown

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK I suspected it might be this. You have unintentionally got two instances of self enrolment there. You only need one so delete one of them - unless you really really want to give your enrolment a name you can delete the second one and keep the default one. Go back into the default self enrolment one and check enrolment keys are set to yes and also go back into groups and check your group enrolment key -and then you shoud just have the one instance, the one that says Self enrolment. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Alan Brown -

Ah you're correct - I completely missed the fact that another admin had already created a self-enrolment instance in this course!

Now working as it should. Thanks!