BBB Missing controls for teachers?

BBB Missing controls for teachers?

by Ru Dee -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, suddenly all the controls are missing when a teacher join a session - add a presentation, draw on the white board, start recording and so on. When i log in as admin, everything is there. Whats the problem?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ru Dee

Re: BBB Missing controls for teachers?

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Ru,

Did you update the plugin or did something to your Moodle server? (backup, copy the activity etc). Is it happening with new activities/rooms?

You are not saying much (versions, actions, etc), so it is hard to guess.

What it seems that is happening is that Teachers are joining as Students. This may be related to changes to permissions to the Room/Activity or a bug introduced a while back but that should have been fixed in the latest version.

JF

In reply to Jesus Federico

by Ru Dee -

The server was moved from the hosting company several months ago, but that was all. Runnin moodle 2.79 and nothing is been updated. I cant tell that this problem is started ater the moving server. One of our teachers says now that he cant add a presentation or start a recording.

Where exactrly to look for that kind of permisions?

Also where to check if a teacher going to sessions as atendee not as moderator?

This is screen roles of teacher with filter big

Attachment big.jpg
In reply to Ru Dee

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

You did not respond my second question.

Is it happening with new activities/rooms? 

This will help to discard a data conversion problem. If they migrated data, that can be done in too many ways. Depending of the path they followed you could have hit (or not) the bug I was talking about.

Another essential question is always, what version of the BigBlueButtonBN plugin are you using? As I said, there have been some bugs fixed over time.

Lastly, I know I said permissions. My wrong, I shouldn't have used that word. It gets people confused.

I am talking about the participant list inside the Room/Activity.

Participants in a BBB activity 

By default only the user who created the activity/room will be moderator. You can change that manually just to test if that is the problem.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)