Can not turn on HTML editor on Moodle 3.3

Can not turn on HTML editor on Moodle 3.3

by Yuri Molina Vale -
Number of replies: 5
Dear all,

I'm trying to add multimedia files and edit the color/font of my labels/titles inside my course. Unfortunately, I can not enable the html editor (ATTO). I've already set it visible and also the first option, but it didn't solve my problem. I still get the pure text editor.
Some images are attached as evidence.

I'm using Moodle 3.3 with Moove theme.

What am I doing wrong?

*Posso falar em português, caso necessário

*Puedo hablar en español si necesario.

Attachment AttoAvailable
Attachment Plugin
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yuri Molina Vale

Re: Can not turn on HTML editor on Moodle 3.3

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Can you try adding a new label in your course and see if you obtain the Atto text editor then?

I've found that when I try to edit text areas that were originally created in plain text format, I don't get the Atto text editor even though it is enabled and available.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Yuri Molina Vale -

Hello Helen,

Unfortunately, the Atto editor is also not able for labels.

By the way, I found out this issue coincidently trying to add an video via label.

by Deepak Gour -

Hi Yuri

Could you please disable "Plain text area " & "TinyMCE HTML editor" and try again.

In reply to Deepak Gour

by Yuri Molina Vale -

Hello Deepak,

I disabled both the editor on Administration -> Plugins -> Text Editors -> Manage Editors.

Still nothing. The description block on the label Settings Edition still appears without any options, just like the Plain Text Area.

What else could it be?

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Often the text editor doesn't load because some javascript has failed somewhere - it's not necessarily a problem with Atto, but could be some other plugin. 

So, it's worth checking the Console in the browser to see if there are any errors (https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/8525/how-do-i-open-the-javascript-console-in-different-browsers).

Feel free to paste the output from the console if you can't figure it out for yourself.