SCORM Package and Activity Completion

SCORM Package and Activity Completion

by David Maldonado -
Number of replies: 3

Hello Dear Moodlers,

I am having a problem with Moodle and SCORM Packages. The problem is that I have items setup to not release until a SCORM package is completed. The problem is that my students watch the SCORM package but when they are finished watching it Moodle does not mark the item as completed. I started noticing this problem more when I upgraded from version 2.9.x to 3.1.5

I am currently on Moodle 3.1.5 running on an Ubuntu server. (I know smile , I will be upgrading to at least 3.1.7 soon)

Any advise to mitigate this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DM

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Maldonado

Re: SCORM Package and Activity Completion

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

I am going to move your post to the SCORM forum in case anyone there has any expert advice to offer, however in the meantime please check in Scheduled tasks that the task 'Calculate completion data' is set to run every minute.

Re: SCORM Package and Activity Completion

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Hi David, is the problem that the SCORM package isn't being marked completed right away.. or that it's not being marked completed at any point?

What are the "Activity Completion" settings set to for the activity?

What do you see under the Reports tab when you select a student's attempt? Does it show the Learning object as Completed (something the SCORM package has to set)?

Tárgy: SCORM Package and Activity Completion

by László Pauer -

Hi,

I guess I have the same problem. In the report the cmi.core.lesson_status is completed, but the activity completion won't change to completed. And if I uncheck the Require status - Completed box in the settings (so the student should only view the scorm to complete the activity) and save it, when I open the settings again, I see that the box remained checked.

My site is 3.3, the database type is MsSQL 2012 R2 on Ubuntu Server 14.04.5 (LTS).

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks!