Moodle Login.php problems

Moodle Login.php problems

by Peter K -
Number of replies: 1

Hello everyone!

My Moodle site was recently upgraded from 2.9 to 3.3. I can say overall, everything went fine (during the upgrade)

Here is my server build:

• PHP: 7.1 32bit NTS with FastCGI (All required /recommend plugins)
  • DB: SQLSRV
  • Moodle: 3.3.1 Latest
  • 700 Users
  • Essential Theme
  • Plugins: Email AdminCustom Cert (my site uses Email Admin for approval. Another admin and myself get a email every time someone registers, which we manual approval due to spam, This may be causing this issue I think)

Moodle is currently behaving strange, and I have been unable to find the bug, in order to report it to the tracker. Below are my issues.

1) When a user registers, they get a 500 Error. But their account is processed and a email to admin team for approval is sent. When we approve the user cannot login and is greeted by a 500 Error

• When on the local host, when I go to register and recreate the issue to view the debug issue. The 500 Error only returns the following string "-2:2 -2:1183". If I view sources, its literally just "-2:2 -2:1183". What is this information? What tools can I further use to debug this issue?
  • I have debug set to developer.
  • The 500 Error upon login is "[client IP TAKENOUT] http://www.hennepinems.org/moodle Failed Login: j1732558 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko"

2) When a user is going through the forgot password process, they will reach a 500 error. They reach this error after submitting their new password request. 

3) When any user attempts to login with the wrong password, the system gives a 500 error. Error returns the following information "[client IP TAKENOUT] http://www.hennepinems.org/moodle Failed Login: j1732558 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko"

So to recap, my auth, forgot password, and password validation functions arent working properly. Any idea on how to fix this?

EDIT: I have converted my database auth to manual and have deleted the plugin Email Admin. I still have the forgot password, wrong password not working correctly. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter K

Re: Moodle Login.php problems

by Edward Tiede -

Did the errors start as soon as you did the upgrade to v.3.3? Looks like a server misconfiguration.