Sorry, this activity is currently hidden (from a manager role)

Sorry, this activity is currently hidden (from a manager role)

by Jean Petric -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I created a page which I have hidden from students.

However, I wanted to hide this page from teachers as well, so it is visible only to managers.

In the "Permissions in Page" window of that page I removed every role (except manager) from "View hidden, activitiesmoodle/course:viewhiddenactivities".

The page has now completely disappeared from the course, and when I go through logs and click one the link to open the page (i.e. https://.../moodle/mod/page/view.php?id=102", I get "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden".

I would really like to know how can I get my page back?

P.s. I don't have the admin area so I can't see what is the version of moodle we use.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean Petric

Re: Sorry, this activity is currently hidden (from a manager role)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What role are you? If you don't have the admin area then you are not the admin. Your admin will need to sort this out for you...

In reply to Howard Miller

by Jean Petric -

I have a manager role on that course, which was I thought the highest.

Are you trying to suggest there is a "super user" role that can literally see all pages/posts etc.?

Btw as I said, I've hidden the page for everybody except for managers, but it seems moodle ignored my request.

In any case, I guess there is nothing much I can do, since I went through every single option and couldn't find any that would revert that setting, so I will need to ask the admin to sort that out.

Thanks.

In reply to Jean Petric

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes - there is (at least) a main administrator who has control over everything. Who installed your Moodle site?

By overriding capabilities like this you can, indeed, "shoot yourself in the foot"

In reply to Howard Miller

by Jean Petric -

Grr I see, my mistake. I'll ask my admin to sort that out. As long as there is no need for messing around with flags in the moodle database it's fine. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated!