Hide "Inactive for more than" and "User list" from students

Hide "Inactive for more than" and "User list" from students

by Christos Savva -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

I noticed that students are able to get other students email if the select User Details in the User list option they can see the emails of all participants in the course.

I also notice that the Inactive for more than option is visible to students

Is there any way to restrict access to these options for users with role student?

Privacy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christos Savva

Re: Hide "Inactive for more than" and "User list" from students

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are you actually logging in as a student to verify this or just switching role?  You need to log in as an actual student to verify this.  If this is actually correct, then someone has been messing with the student permissions - I suggest you reset them to default unless you specifically need some different permissions for students.  You can also search the permissions and remove them individually if needed (site admin/users/permissions/define roles.)

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Christos Savva -

Hi Emma

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I logged in as a student and I also created a test student account to verify. Its a brand new Moodle, no roles has been changed.

I manage to hide the "Inactive for more than" from students by hiding the Last Access field from Site admin > User Policies > Hide User Fields.

I can't find a way to hide the User List selection box. The problem with having that one is that student emails are being exposed.

Even though emails are not showed in the Brief list

Brief List

THe email is there if students go to User Details.

Detailed

In reply to Christos Savva

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh, I see what you mean now.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were seeing actual messages between students.  Why do you not want them to see student emails?  Are they not allowed to contact each other?  Under User Default preferences there is an option to hide your email from everyone.  This will affect all new user accounts, you will need to update existing accounts.