Automatically converting activity completions to grades

Automatically converting activity completions to grades

by Doug E. Wray -
Number of replies: 0

Version: Moodle 3.3 (latest as of 28 July 2018)

I frequently ask students to read particular pages or other resources and set activity completion for the task. The tasks, however, are not otherwise graded and do not necessitate students'/participants' submitting anything. They are mostly preparatory materials. I wish to count completion of the tasks on time as part of overall course grades.

Currently, converting activity completions to grades involves either entering items one by one directly into the gradebook or downloading activity completion spreadsheets, modifying some information in a spreadsheet and uploading grades. However, with nearly 800 students and as many as 800 different activities per semester, the task consumes a lot of time.

I would like to be able to convert activity completion states to pass/fail (or, better, pass/late pass/fail) grades automatically but have not been able to figure out how this can be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N.B.: Though I am the sole administrator of the Moodle site, I am not even close to expert in administration.

Also, I have posted this message elsewhere and apologize for having done so.

Average of ratings: -