Setting up moodle for paid-for video classes

Setting up moodle for paid-for video classes

by Steve Turvey -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there! 

We want to offer a variety of paid-for language courses and each course will include a certain amount of live video classes with a professional tutor.

So, for example, we might offer the following packages:

• Beginners Spanish + 4 hours of live video classes ($50)
  • Beginners Spanish + 8 hours of live video classes ($80)
  • Beginners Spanish + 12 hours of live video classes ($120)

When paid for, the student would gain access to the course materials and then have the option to schedule in their video lessons with the tutor. Each video class would be 30 minutes so if I booked the first course above I would be entitled to 8 one-to-one video lessons.

Here are my questions:

1. Firstly, is it possible to set something like this up in moodle?
  2. Would it be a combination of the paypal, BigBlueButton and scheduler plugins? Or something else?
  3. How could the student and teacher schedule the video lessons?
  4. How would both the student and teacher know how many of the purchased video classes have been taken and how many are remaining?

Looking forward to your comments and advice!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Turvey

Re: Setting up moodle for paid-for video classes

by Agnese Skuja -

I am interested in this as well. But in my case the items for sale are individual lessons (with option for trial lesson).

Scheduler plugin is just what I needed for lesson creation, but now I need to add ability to pay for one or more lessons.

I believe your case is easier to implement. Here are my answers/opinions.

1. It is possible.

2. I believe you would need PayPal Enrollment (paying for the entire course that includes the mentioned lessons), BigBlueButton and Scheduler (adding possible video lesson times, you can limit the number of times student can select for each course, so it is easy to sign up for exact number of lessons).

3. As mentioned in 2nd point - using Scheduler plugin.

4. Scheduler plugin allows you to select time frame and lesson length and participant count in each lesson (lets say single student for each lesson), so teacher would know that defined times are booked or not.

In reply to Steve Turvey

Re: Setting up moodle for paid-for video classes

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have a look at the solutions that link Moodle to an eCommerce solution. There are several that use Moodle and WooCommerce.