Download prefilled Wiki

Re: Download prefilled Wiki

by Paula Clough -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, James.

Possible work around: 

One thing I have done is copying and pasting the html off the pages by going to the <> button in the editing text box and highlighting it all, copying and then opening the new wiki edit text box for each specific page beginning with the first page and clicking the <> and pasting in the code for that page and saving.  It's a little more labor intensive than just importing, but if you only need to do it once it's not too bad. 

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Melissa . -

Wow, no export / import functionality to the wiki.  Well, that answers my question on if I should use this feature.  The answer is a very loud NO.

Wikis are pointless if the students don't have the ability to export and import to a mediawiki site (or other equivalent site) at a later date without having to copy and paste every single page.

I can understand not wanting to export specific user info, but that can simply be accomplished by exporting only the most recent version with the author just being the course name that export came from.

I also don't like the fact that I cannot easily make an assignment of "Create/Work on wiki page George Washington" and have it go to the appropriate wiki page by the student simply clicking the link.

This wiki activity does not work at all the way I would expect / want a wiki activity to function.

Melissa

In reply to Melissa .

by Melissa . -

How did I do that?  Or more importantly, how did Moodle do that?  I put the word George Washington inside two square brackets, and a link to moodle docs for a page called George Washington was created?  I was definitely not expect that to happen.  

I tried to repeat it in my course by putting George Washington in square brackets in a label, and it did not work.  Too bad ... that would be how I would expect things to work.

Melissa

In reply to Melissa .

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

On this Moodle site, if you add the square brackets around a word it will either take you to the pre-existing documentation page (for example if I add the brackets around Filters it will take you to the Moodle docs about filters. If the page hasn't been created, it will offer to create it for you. This isn't a standard filter but is one of the Filters used on the Moodle.org forums (see what I did there? wink Click there and have a read.

PS - the standard filters are indeed very useful and worth exploring.