Recaptcha not working for self-registration

Recaptcha not working for self-registration

by fred hunter -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of implementing recaptcha on their Moodle instances? I've register my site and got a new secret and site key and entered them into the corresponding fields in the 'manage authentication' page, along with ticking the box to enable the feature. When I do a test on the self-registration form, the captcha words are there, but even when they are entered correctly, and submitted, the page reloads and new words are produced. I'm using the 'self registration with admin confirmation' plugin if that is pertinent and the only other thing I can think of is that I haven't done 'step 2' on the captcha instructions:

Server side integration

When your users submit the form where you integrated reCAPTCHA, you'll get as part of the payload a string with the name "g-recaptcha-response". In order to check whether Google has verified that user, send a POST request with these parameters:

secret (required)[secret key]
response (required)The value of 'g-recaptcha-response'.
remoteipThe end user's ip address.

It isn't clear how to implement this, either from the summary page or from the documentation page. I have a feeling that if I complete this step, it will work ok. 

Any Ideas?

Average of ratings: -