Problem with editing users

Problem with editing users

by Emma Blaney -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all

I am using moodle 3.2.2+ with theme adaptable however whenever i try and edit a user (and it appears to be only then) i get the following error message and then it crashes. 

This page should be using theme flexpage which cannot be initialised. Falling back to the site theme adaptable

• line 503 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 7180 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to theme_config::load()
  • line 420 of /lib/classes/user.php: call to get_list_of_themes()
  • line 581 of /lib/classes/user.php: call to core_user::fill_properties_cache()
  • line 63 of /user/editadvanced_form.php: call to core_user::get_property_type()
  • line 204 of /lib/formslib.php: call to user_editadvanced_form->definition()
  • line 158 of /user/editadvanced.php: call to moodleform->__construct()

flexpage is installed. Any help would be much appreciated. I am scared to do much more in the site in case its a big problem. 

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Blaney

Re: Problem with editing users

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That message is generated when Moodle tries to open the config file for the stipulated theme.

However, I understand that flexpage is a course format, not a theme. 

The only thing I can think of is that you may have installed flexpage in the theme/ directory at some point. Possibly even an empty directory with that name. Check your theme/ directory for anything called 'flexpage'. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Problem with editing users

by Emma Blaney -

Thanks a million. I did that, it didnt quite work but i set the Theme List in Theme Settings to adaptable and that appears to have cured it!

thanks again!