Upgrading a cloned subdomain

Upgrading a cloned subdomain

by Angela Lee -
Number of replies: 2

I took over this Moodle account and the individual had not upgraded in some time. I am running Moodle 1.9+. I want to upgrade a sub-domain in the background while students are in the active class. In this way, I can fix any coding errors before rolling out the upgrades in active domain. 

In order to accomplish this, I had my hosting company clone my active site and give it a dev sub-domain. I recoded all of my sheets that were specific to my program, all the hard coding. Even my config file and ftp have been created to fit this dev sub-domain. I can access my development site. However, once I login I am redirected to my active site. 

Does anyone have any ideas about what I might be missing? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Angela Lee

Re: Upgrading a cloned subdomain

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you updated the settings in the config.php file (especially $CFG->wwwroot) to reflect the different settings?

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Upgrading a cloned subdomain

by Angela Lee -

Hi Howard,

I did. I changed everything in the config file execpt the dbtype, dbpersist, and admin. Additionally, I changed the coding in files that was hard-coded for our specific site to reflect these changes.