Transferring Moodle practice course to moodlecloud

Transferring Moodle practice course to moodlecloud

by Rezina A -
Number of replies: 9

Hello

Can someone please give me some advice ?

I was recently on the new Moodle teaching course as a student.

I downloaded the Practice course and restored it in Moodlecloud,

The practice course does not show on dashboard

It also does not show under my courses,

it does not show up in course overview either.

It only shows in the introduction page when I first log on under 'Home'

Any idea how I can get it under My course on the nav draw ?

I had a response from Mary about enrolling myself as the teacher using the Participants link, which I have done and it does not make a difference to the location of my course.

On Moodle Practice as a teacher my course showed on the Nav draw but in Mycloud it has only been restored on the Home page.

it's very inconvenient as I cannot access it from the Nav draw to continue developing the course, I have to find it in the Home page only.

Any advice ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rezina A

Re: Transferring Moodle practice course to moodlecloud

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Rezina. Try this:

1. Log in to your MoodleCloud site as the administrator and click Site administration then Users and then Add a new user
  2. Fill in the form to make a completely new user for your site. If you like, give them the username teacher and then call them Test Teacher (first and last name) Choose a password you will remember.
  3. FInd your practice course and then from Participants> Enrolled users enrol this new user with the TEACHER role. Make sure you select TEACHER before you add them to the course.
  4. Log out and log in again with this new user's role. Does this help?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rezina A -

Hello

I'm afraid not.

How can I delete the entire course and try downloading from the Learn Moodle site and restoring it again in Moodle cloud ?

Any idea how I can delete the course ?

In reply to Rezina A

by Rezina A -

Also just wondering whether other new students experienced this when they restored their practice course into Moodlecloud ?

or is it just me ?

In reply to Rezina A

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Can you share a screenshot of what the new user sees when logged in, so we can see that he/she does not see the course in their navigation drawer? This should work and there should be no need to delete the course and start again.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rezina A -

hello

I attached it as jpg file

the original course I transferred is 'How to have a difficult conversation'

I started a new course in Moodlecloud called 'How to Remember Names' -  this course is also not showing in Nav draw, not showing under 'Courses' or anywhere else

You can only see it in the 'Home' page which is the picture I included with the Nav draw showing blank course except Moodles original course 'Introduction'

Advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Attachment Screenshot.jpg
In reply to Rezina A

by Mary Cooch -

Ok. Click on your Difficult conversation course and then click the gear menu top right and click Edit settings. Make sure the open or close dates of the course include the present time. For example if your course does not have an end date, it will appear in the nav drawer. But if it has an end date of in the past or a start date in the future, then it will not appear in the nav drawer.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rezina A -

Thank you for the reply

It did not work on the Difficult Conversation course.

but it did work on the new course Remember Names which I started directly in Moodlecloud.

The end date didn't make a difference to the location, the start date change made a difference and put the course in the Nav draw.

Although the Difficult Conversation course is still not responding, 

the dates on both courses are the same

Attachment Screenshot 2017-07-25 19.16.07.png
In reply to Rezina A

by Mary Cooch -

Have you added yourself as a teacher to the Difficult conversation course? If you are only there as admin it won't appear for you.

In reply to Rezina A

by Rezina A -

Hello

Thank you so much for helping me with this issue, it's resolved now, it works!

1)

The key was the dates which had to be start date as 'todays date' and disabled the end date. 

Since the practice course started a month ago and when restoring it to Moodlecloud meant the start date is now in the past, it didn't show up on nav draw.

Also re-enrolling self as 'Teacher' and making sure to remember to select the 'Teacher' option first.

Both of these changes together made it work.

Before I did one or the other and separately they didn't work.

Thank you!

Attachment Screenshot july.jpg