Grid format (beta) for Moodle 3.3 released

Grid format (beta) for Moodle 3.3 released

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

I've released the Grid format for Moodle 3.3 (beta) - V3.3.0.1: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=14456.

It has the same functionality as version 3.2.1.3.

If you find this post useful then please mark it so.

If you have a genuine issue with this version then please reply below stating Moodle version, the issue, steps to replicate and if possible a screen shot of the issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Grid format (beta) for Moodle 3.3 released

by Alexandra Janosek -

Hi Gareth -

We use Moodle 3.3.1, Adaptable theme and have converted some of our courses to grid format. We really like the appearance and would like to add some functionality:

•    ability to select which sections go into the grid
•    ability to add section dates based on course start date (like in weekly format)
•    completely hide certain sections from students

Regarding the last point - even when we select "hidden sections are completely invisible" in edit settings, students still see a greyed-out grid item with the title of that section. Though they cannot select this section, we would like to have the section completely invisible, while still having the resources within available to students in the course.

If I am missing a current solution to any of these three, please let me know. Otherwise, let me know next steps.

Thank you!

Alex

In reply to Alexandra Janosek

Re: Grid format (beta) for Moodle 3.3 released

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Alex,

You already messaged me 50 minutes earlier with the same question (ish) - as the first has changed!  I've replied to that message not expecting a post here.

As I said in the message, the last bullet point is a bug I need to fix.

G