Changing IP to domain name

Changing IP to domain name

by Chris Griffin -
Number of replies: 2

I installed Moodle on an Azure virtual computer using a Bitnami Moodle Stack.

Although it was surprisingly easy to setup, I cannot work out how to switch the map a domain name in place of the ip address. I've been reading that I have to access config.php, but I don't seem to be able to access that with the setup I have (Azure and Bitnami).

I'm finding Bitnami's support pages difficult to understand (I think this is the answer - https://docs.bitnami.com/bch/apps/moodle/#updating-the-ip-address-or-hostname) and my Google-fu has failed.

I'd really appreciate if somebody could take the time to explain the steps I need to take.

Thanks

/Chris

(I'm using the Bitnami Moodle Stack, with version 3.3.0)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Griffin

Re: Changing IP to domain name

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I really don't wish to sound unhelpful but we didn't develop the Bitnami install scripts and don't know what it does to install Moodle. In that respect you would be better asking whoever made Bitnami available to you. I read the doc you pointed to and they have clearly completely changed the way Moodle config settings are administered. I can't think why. It's hard to say why those commands might not work (they are not part of Moodle). 

THIS... is why we really don't recommend installing Moodle from any of these "one click", third-party scripts as we have no idea what they do and, unfortunately,  that makes it really difficult to provide help. Only install Moodle from code downloaded here. It isn't any more difficult.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Changing IP to domain name

by Chris Griffin -

Howard

Thanks for your help. I've read in a few places now, since installing from Bitnami, that I should have simply used the Moodle installer. As I'm only a few days into the setup, I think it would be easier to start again without Bitnami.

Thanks