Assigning questions to a category

Assigning questions to a category

by Doc Billingsley -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I somehow have created a quiz that contains 30 questions, but only one of these questions is properly assigned to the category for this quiz.  The other 29 questions are nowhere to be found.  When I search the questionbank for the course, they aren't miscategorized--they're just missing.

Is there a way to assign them to a category, or otherwise export the questions so I may re-import them and assign their category?

Edit: Using Moodle 2.8 and/or 3.3.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doc Billingsley

Re: Assigning questions to a category

by Dr. Indira Koneru -

Go to Course Administration ►Question bank ► Questions page to view all the questions.

Pull down 'Select a category' and click on the category into which the other questions have been imported.

Select all questions and scroll down to 'Move to >>' and pick up the category into which you wish to move the questions and click on 'Move to >>'.

In reply to Doc Billingsley

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The question cannot be missing. Moodle can access them. So, you just need to find out where they are.

On the Edit quiz screen, click the edit icon by one of the 'Missing' questions. At the top of the edit form, it will tell you which category the question is in.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Doc Billingsley -

Yes, you're right--I eventually found them in a completely unexpected category, and got them sorted out.  I'll remember your instructions for figuring out categories in the future.