General developer forum

Creating a Link between Moodle and any externol analytical tool (say R Studio)

Picture of Amrata Ramchandani
Creating a Link between Moodle and any externol analytical tool (say R Studio)
Plugin developers

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to link moodle and any external analytical tool say "R Studio".

I would like to analyse Moodle Data say Quiz Data through some external tool and sending the data back to moodle after it is processed.Is it possible ? If yes,how should we proceed ?

Average of ratings: -
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Re: Creating a Link between Moodle and any externol analytical tool (say R Studio)
Core developersDocumentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

When the data gets back to Moodle, where are you planning to store it?

Re: Creating a Link between Moodle and any externol analytical tool (say R Studio)
Plugin developers

Hi,

Okay,So what we are planning to do is assign

1) a difficulty level to each question of the quiz 

2) an ability level to each student who appeared the quiz

by processing previous quiz data in some external analytical tool.So these 2 parameters will be returned back to the moodle and we will have to make separate database table for each quiz.

Plugin developers

Hi,

Okay,So what we are planning to do is assign

1) a difficulty level to each question of the quiz 

2) an ability level to each student who appeared the quiz

by processing previous quiz data in some external analytical tool.So these 2 parameters will be returned back to the moodle and we will have to make separate database table for each quiz.

Picture of David Monllaó
Core developersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

Hi Amrata,

Linking the new Moodle 3.4 analytics API in case it fits your needs.

Plugin developers

I will go through this and see if it works with me. Thanks smile