Copying course header across whole moodle site

Copying course header across whole moodle site

by Marc Storey -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

We currently have Moodle 2.7, I have been asked to add a new section to all Moodle courses, this information is in a text format template and about a page of a4 at the most-probably less. Each lecturer has to then amend the template on their own course page. I estimate there are 300 plus course pages that need this adding to. I do want to do it manually, I can only think of importing it- but this is still labour intensive and will also involve a lot of moving of the section as it needs to be at the very top of each course page. Has someone got any ideas as I do not relish doing this "long hand".

Thanks for viewing

Marc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Storey

Re: Copying course header across whole moodle site

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I would suggest this is actually in the wrong forum, but having said that.... IANAD, and my coding skills are more than a little rusty, but I seem to recall there is an element in the Site Admin > Appearance >Additional HTML that allows you to add a header to every page, or if it could be refined, to every course page. It would be a nifty bit of coding, without having to hack core code, that would do what you want it to do. You will have to do the legwork here, but there is plenty of Developer documentation and help in the Developer's General Forum.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)