GIFT Quiz Import Query - Excel To GIFT App

GIFT Quiz Import Query - Excel To GIFT App

by James Last -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All,

I am new to Moodle and mainly looking to having Quiz modules as part of my courses. At the moment, I am using Adobe Captivate and my workflow is as follows;

1. I generate quizzes and use the SWIFT Quiz Maker to auto-generate GIFT files from Excel.  

2. I upload the GIFT file to Adobe Captivate and finalise the questions.

3. Then, I FTP upload the quiz to Amazon Web Service (AWS)

4. Finally, I send links to my students.

Now, I'd like to graduate to a LMS, so, here I am. My main question is this:

Question: Can I use the GIFT files generated by the SWIFT Quiz Maker to Moodle? 

I've read through a lot of comments and some date back to 2004/2007 but I don't have a clear answer.

I have attached a trial version of the SWIFT Quiz Maker for you to see what I am talking about - I am not commercially affiliated with this company. I found the App through Paul Wilson's YouTube Tutorial on  generating SWIFT files for Adobe Captivate.  Any help would be most appreciated; thank you,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Last

Re: GIFT Quiz Import Query - Excel To GIFT App

by Dr. Indira Koneru -

Copy questions (with curly braces and other punctuation marks) from the second sheet 'Copy to notepad' and paste on a notepad and save your file in UTF-8 as instructed here.

Importing questions to the question bank.

Go to Course Administration ►Question bank ► Import and check 'Gift format' for importing the questions saved on a notepad.