Assigning a user to particular IP for appearing Quiz

Assigning a user to particular IP for appearing Quiz

by Amrata Ramchandani -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I am aware of the restricted access for a quiz to particular subnets or a list of IP.But I am looking for a setting in which we can assign a particular user to an particular IP address,basically we want to map a user_id to an IP Address for attempting the quiz.

Is there any plugin available for it ? Or anyone have any suggestions how to proceed in order to get this facility in quiz ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amrata Ramchandani

Re: Assigning a user to particular IP for appearing Quiz

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I don't believe any such plugin exists. However if it did exist you would have be sure that the students were at devices with fixed i.p. addresses. 

Most places use dynamic allocation of i.p. addresses. An address will typically stay the same for a long time, but there is still a risk of it changing.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Amrata Ramchandani -
Ya,that's true but we will be using static allocation of IP Addresses when we enable this feature.We want students to appear quiz at pre-allocated IP's in an exam hall and there should be a facility to reallocate the IP Address in case there is any problem in pre-allocated IP.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Marcus Green

by Amrata Ramchandani -

Thanks Marcus for your suggestions.

I have already checked this plugin, 1:M and M:1 (User mappings can be done with this plugin but I am looking for 1:1 mapping ideas.

by Marcus Green -

In that case I think the only solution will involve hiring a programmer. It should not be particularly complex.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

To be specific, this could be developed as a Quiz access rule plugin: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Quiz_access_rules

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Amrata Ramchandani -

Yes,even we thought the same thing and we are soon starting to work on it