Cant log in into moodle (admin) 3.2.1

Cant log in into moodle (admin) 3.2.1

by Don Mayat -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,
I Just installed Moodle using the complete installation package, I completed the installation but now when I tried to login it says invalid login.
I may have got the wrong username or password, is there any way I could see what it is or reset it, I have tried the forgotten password link, but I don't seem to get an email, I guess I am using local host that's why.
Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Mayat

Re: Cant log in into moodle (admin) 3.2.1

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

From the command line (something like)

php /path/to/your/moodle/admin/cli/reset_password.php

Are you sure installation completed. Did it ask you for a username and password for the admin user and did it ask you for the name of the site?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Don Mayat -

Thanks, ill try this.
yeah, it did ask for username and password, but I cant remember entering them or maybe I just clicked continue.
Because I am just testing so I didn't really look too much into that.

In reply to Don Mayat

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You didn't.... you can't get past those pages without entering a password (and then a site fullname/shortname)

In reply to Howard Miller

by Don Mayat -

There were two occasions where it asked for username and password I think? for one I think I continued and one I wrote but I cannot remember exactly which one and which password it was, anyways I tried all of them but it didn't work.

In reply to Don Mayat

by Howard Miller -

Ok, try the reset password thing.

If that doesn't work we need to dig into the database if you are up for that or you might just need to start again and tread a little more cautiously.