Feedback dependancies

Feedback dependancies

by Sue Moss -
Number of replies: 2

I'm trying to put a feedback activity together but am having a problem around the dependencies where the item is dependent on having any answer in the short answer question before it, ie: if the question beforehand is answered I want them to go to question 2, but if there is no text I want them to go to question 3.

Is this possible and if so how?

Many thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Moss

Re: Feedback dependancies

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sue,

Could you give us an example of the text you plan to use for your Short Answer question?

The problem I think you are going to run into is that I don't believe the Dependence Item of question 2 can be set to accept "any text" as valid, so you can't use a catch all like the asterisk when used with the Cloze type quiz question. However, you can test for the Dependence item being blank or an empty short answer, so you might be able to trigger you next question based on that.

i.e., if the question beforehand is left blank, you can go to question 2, but if there is some text, it will go to question 3. Basically, just the opposite of what you want.