General help

help getting cron correctly setup with dreamhost

Picture of james lunn
help getting cron correctly setup with dreamhost

Hello, I am trying to get my moodle fully delete deleted assignments. I have read from other posts that I need cron setup to make it happen. 

I am with Dreamhost. using 3.2.1 of moodle. 

In dreamhost i have setup a cronjob to every ten minutes run the command  wget -q -O /dev/null http://www.mysite.com/moodle/admin/cron.php

But it doesn't seem to do anything. 

when I try to run cron from the site directly from the website it says: 

Warning: include(/home/user/mysite.com/wp-content/themes/habitat/functions.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/user/mysite.com/wp-settings.php on line 424

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/user/mysite.com/wp-content/themes/habitat/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/user/mysite.com/wp-settings.php on line 424

Fatal error: Call to a member function set_cufon_font() on null in /home/user/mysite.com/wp-content/themes/habitat/header.php on line 79

any idea of how to proceed? my grades and everything are all messed up as it shows so many partially deleted assignments. 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: help getting cron correctly setup with dreamhost
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

Those warnings and errors are pointing to Wordpress scripts, not Moodle.

My guess is that you have installed Moodle "underneath" Wordpress and WP's redirects in an .htaccess file (or equivalent) are upsetting Moodle. Don't ever do that... Wordpress and Moodle don't cohabit successfully. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of james lunn

Thanks, actually just went and looked and the site is actually down. I never use the site just the moodle link. That is the same error when I go to the actual site. I'll have to fix that first. 

Thanks.

Picture of james lunn

Thanks, I got the site back up and working, so the error is no longer as it was. Now it just times out after awhile and brings a 404 error. 

I have tried to access the file through winscp using ssh access, but it tells me I don't have permission to access it. 

Is there any place to go for a good tutorial on how to get cron access setup? They just say to do it from the control panel, but I have put in five different recurring commands and none of them seem to be doing it. Would appreciate any help. 

Picture of Howard Miller
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

Cron ??

I can't speak for the control panel on your particular system. I know nothing of such things unfortunately.