I have a problem with Expiry notifications

I have a problem with Expiry notifications

by Simon Zhekov -
Number of replies: 7

Hello, Moodle Friends!

I am using the latest version of Moodle and I'm using manual enrollment method.

I have set Notification Expiry to notify me one day before the expiration, but I don't receive notifications on my email or in the notifications tab..

Best Regards!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Zhekov

Re: I have a problem with Expiry notifications

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Before we go any further... does email work *at all* from your site?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Simon Zhekov -

Yes, When I enroll someone he receives confirmation mail with his password and username. smile

Do I need to setup some settings in the admin panel? I have set the expiry notification for the course and for the manual enrolment.

In reply to Simon Zhekov

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

These things require cron to be running. I should have asked, "do subscribed users get emails from forum postings?".

Are you absolutely sure Cron has been setup and is working? If you go to Site administration > Server > Scheduled tasks do the "last run" dates look recent?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Simon Zhekov -

We don't use forums, the CRON is not running... what I must set up? And where?

In reply to Simon Zhekov

by Howard Miller -

Follow the link in blue... Cron

Any questions, just ask wink

by Simon Zhekov -
Do I need to have Cron running just for the in-site notifications.I mean if someone's account is expiring tomorrow do I need cron to receive notification in the notifications panel?
In reply to Simon Zhekov

by Howard Miller -

Yo do.... you need cron running for lots of things to work.

You can't even delete files without cron running.