I'd like to know about any other plugins that other high school teachers have been using. Here are mine:
- Sharing Cart - I have several courses that are somewhat similar. It's nice to not have to recreate the same assignment from scratch for each course. For example, the student information assignment is the same for all of my classes.
- Generico - I can add animated countdowns to remind students of upcoming due dates for any assignment or quiz. I notice that high school students often don't see the very tiny due date or close date for a quiz or assignment.
- Level Up! - Makes the course a little more fun with a silly scoring system that has nothing to do with the real grades. You can choose pokemon pictures for your levels and show a leader board. It encourages students to investigate your entire moodle site a bit more for extra experience points. Instead of removing real points for tardies, I remove the "experience points" from their level.
- Game - I have a love/meh relationship with this plugin. It seems awesome, but sometimes it is so flakey or it slows down my moodle site. YMMV.
- Active Quiz - Basically this is similar to classroom clickers - where you pose a question online and students vote on it. It can quickly show you misunderstandings on topics. It's a much more dynamic way of teaching rather than using the moodle poll type question.
- Poodll - (not free anymore) - I use it where students can draw and sketch diagrams and upload online.
HTML block stuff
- RSS Feeds on technology CNN sites for current events.
- Random Glossary word of the day.
- Remind embed - shows the latest classroom text messages..
So you know any other good classroom plugins for high school classrooms: