Assignments not showing in upcoming events block after upgrading to 3.3.1

Re: Assignments not showing in upcoming events block after upgrading to 3.3.1

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well you have some showing there - is it because they have submissions and the new one doesn't?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jason Touw -

Just to add my two cents to this discussion piece...

1. I find it very time consuming and problematic to have to switch to Student Role in order to see the Assignments coming up on the calendar.  I am not quite sure why assignments would be omitted from the teacher role whereas quizzes and other assessments are not.  I need to know what the students see in order to make sure my calendar is accurate.
  2. I have tried using the "Remind me to Grade By" feature and it still does not show on my calendar and I have not seen the value in it.

I think an update/change should be made here...just my thoughts.

In reply to Jason Touw

by Harry Dickinson -

Just a quick point to note Jason. Assignments with the "Remind me to Grade By" feature enabled will only show up in your Dashboard when a student submits an assignment. It will then appear and display the number of assignments awaiting grades. And, it will only stop displaying after all the assignments have been graded. Very useful feature IMHO.

Do very much agree that all assignments should show up as events on course calendars. Not so sure I want them all on my dashboard though.