problem with git branch when trying to upgrade to 3.3

problem with git branch when trying to upgrade to 3.3

by Katja Krüger -
Number of replies: 1

I have a git repository on github wich is a clone from the official Moodle site. I have installed on my production server Moodle 3.2.4 and wanted to upgrade to 3.3.1

I have local code changes therefore I merge my codechanges into new releases and now I have strange problems.

After fetch upstream
I did a:  git branch --track MOODLE_33_STABLE origin/MOODLE_33_STABLE
then: git push origin refs/remotes/upstream/MOODLE_33_STABLE:MOODLE_33_STABLE  

! [rejected]        upstream/MOODLE_33_STABLE -> MOODLE_33_STABLE (non-fast-forward)

After deleting the local branch and creating it again, looking around, I see that on github in my moodle-clone the MOODLE_33_STABLE branch is a exact copy of the MOODLE_32_STABLE branch. When I try to do a pull there it says *** PLEASE DO NOT OPEN PULL REQUESTS VIA GITHUB ***

The moodle.git repository at Github is just a mirror of the official repository. We do not accept pull requests at Github.

What shall I do to get rid of the wrong MOODLE_33_STABLE branch in my github? When I delete the branch the error is:

git push origin refs/remotes/upstream/MOODLE_33_STABLE:MOODLE_33_STABLE
error: unable to push to unqualified destination: MOODLE_33_STABLE

Can anybody help?

Viele Grüße Katja

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Katja Krüger

Re: problem with git branch when trying to upgrade to 3.3

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is your 'origin' *your* GitHub repository or the original Moodle repository?