Adapatble theme: How to change colors on Frontpage & how to make announcements on the Frontpage

Adapatble theme: How to change colors on Frontpage & how to make announcements on the Frontpage

by Peter K. Speiser -
Number of replies: 9

Hi Moodle Freaks,

I am using the Adapatble theme and I would like to change the colors of two sections of the FrontPage (=> see attached jpg-file), but I do not know where I can find the right place in Moodle to Change it. Can somebody please tell me where I can make the adjustments?

Also I would like to know where I can make announcements that will be shown on the FrontPage (=> see attached jpg-file).

Can somebody of you please help me with these two aspects?

Thanking you in advance,

Kind regards,

Peter

Attachment Ho Moodle - Frontpage colors.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter K. Speiser

Re: Adapatble theme: How to change colors on Frontpage & how to make announcements on the Frontpage

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've just moved your post to the dedicated Themes forum Peter. It would help people there if you can say the version of Moodle you are using and any other relevant information (see the description in the Themes forum)

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Adapatble theme: How to change colors on Frontpage & how to make announcements on the Frontpage

by Peter K. Speiser -

Hi Mary,

here you go:

Moodle version Help with Moodle version
Moodle release Help with Moodle release
3.3+ (Build: 20170525

I was not able to see which other relevant Information you were talking about as I did not see the description in the themes Forum.

Can you tell me what do you Need or if the above stated Information is sufficiant for you?

Kind regards,

Peter

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry Peter -I am not a themer so I can't help, but I know this is the place where theme experts live and assist smile

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Peter, 

Have you checked out the Adaptable settings pages yet?

If not then this is the place you need to navigate to, starting with ...

Administration > Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Adaptable > here you shoould see a list of settings all related to the Adaptable theme.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Peter K. Speiser -

Hi Mary,

of Course I have looked at the place that you mentioned, but as there are so so many Color Settings there and I already Change some of them without any success, I though of getting an exact Information which of These Setting is influencing the front page.

Kind regards,

Peter

P.S  You photo is really cool.  smile

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please, before post verify the theme title is correct. We can't catch out a post if the title do not fit Adaptable.

Second, follow the theme forum rules and post your moodle and Adaptable version.

Before post, read the information included in the setting sections of the theme. We work hard to improve the information related to each setting and added, from the beginning, an image with the theme layout to help users to name each area of the frontpage and have common terms to simplify support.

If you open the image included from the settings page you will see this area is called footer and you have two sections for settings: "Colours" to modify the colours and "Footer" to set the settings.

The information to add the news to the ticker is also included in the theme. So read the help included.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Peter K. Speiser -

Thanks a lot for your great advice treating me as a Little kid.

If you are an expert, that is fine.

But if others (like me) are not, than you should be able to treat them accordingly without being dismissively.

I tried to find correct Information for my Problem, but I did not find any.
It would be good and appreciated if post will be made to the right Forum.
But when browsing though the different Topics / Headlines of the Forum I was able to find a better one than the General Topic.

In order not to spend hours in finding a Topic that might be suitable (and that might be ok for People like you) I choose the General Topic.
And in case it might be the wrong Topic and therefor People are not finding my question and therefor are not able to answer, than it is solely my Problem (and not yours), as I will not receive wanted answers.

Please try to be indulgently with other as there might be areas in your life where you miss some Knowledge and I am sure that you than would not want to be treaded patronised as you are doing here.

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I tried to find correct Information for my Problem, but I did not find any.

It would be good and appreciated if post will be made to the right Forum.
But when browsing though the different Topics / Headlines of the Forum I was able to find a better one than the General Topic.

Moodle has many forums and has one dedicated to Themes (very special indeed). In this forum you can find many threads related to Adaptable. At least one for each version published.

If you are unable to find this forum, you can always perform a simple Google search (which is the first recommended always) of "moodle adaptable forum", or even easier "adaptable support", and you will find the posts very quickly.

Even still you are unable to find it, then you can find the information in the Plugins page where you will see that we provide support in the moodle forum and in the adaptable website as well.

In order not to spend hours in finding a Topic that might be suitable (and that might be ok for People like you) I choose the General Topic.

It took less 1 minute to find the right place using Google as indicated above. Very simple even for a kid. So next time just search before ask (BTW, this is a general rule in any forum of any kind)

And in case it might be the wrong Topic and therefor People are not finding my question and therefor are not able to answer, than it is solely my Problem (and not yours), as I will not receive wanted answers.

I see you posted the original question in a wrong forum and mary Cooch mooved to this. If moved at least think why nobody answer you and why was moved and then try an effort to get support.

As you can see the Themes forum generates hundred posts daily and if you do not indicate ADAPTABLE in the title then is not possible to detect the post in this forum. We can't read all the posts daily. So you have two options: add ADAPTABLE to the title or post in the right version thread already created.

Also, before post a question we only expect that you at least read the theme settings pages (as Mary already pointed) and tried to configure the theme (do you know moodle Site Administration have a search?).

I know there are many pages to read and it takes many time but we put many effort to improve the more 400 settings description and help (which is not easy) and try to facilitate the configuration.

It is what we expect from admins that manage a moodle site. Read the settings sections to know what they can do with Adaptable.

So read the help included with Adaptable and then try to change the colours. And if still don't know how to change the colours then ask in the right forum (please, following the rules) and will be glad to help you. (Anyway I already answered your questions)

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Mary Cooch -

Fernando- just to explain on behalf of Peter - Peter posted in the General Help forum and so initially did not see the detailed information in the Themes forum. I moved his post as I felt he would receive swifter help here.