Skype for business into Moodle

Skype for business into Moodle

by esty wexler -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,
All students in the school have office365 accounts,

I wanted to know how can I integrate Skype for business into Moodle so the teacher can open an online meeting from the Moodle course and not from Skype GUI and in addition limit it to be available only to the students in the same course.

Does this sound possible? Is there any way to integrate it?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to esty wexler

Re: Skype for business into Moodle

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

mmm I am sure there is a way, but have you considered Big Blue Button? Moodle alone does not do a voice/video but has developed a closer working relationship with BBB that allows group chats, online conferencing etc, without MS-Big Brother looking over your shoulder.

For me, that is its own recommendation.  

In reply to esty wexler

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a Skype plugin for Moodle 3.1 and below. Basically, it installs as a block anywhere you want it in Moodle. When accessed it just lists all users and their Skype ID along with five buttons, Create Conference, Create Chat, Send Voicemail, Add Contact and Send File. When a user clicks one of the buttons it actually activates that function in Skype and not in Moodle.

In reply to esty wexler

by Heather P -

Hi

the free office 365 has an integration, but last time I checked it wouldn't work with the paid for Office 365. If you do get it to work we would be very interested too.

It was about a year ago when I was checking it.

Regards

Heather

Average of ratings: Useful (1)