Retrieve Course- Account De-activated

Retrieve Course- Account De-activated

by Kate Lenert -
Number of replies: 3

I had built a course over the past two years.  Because it was a "Free" account, there is a requirement to log in every 60 days.  I would regularly receive reminder emails to log in or the account would be deleted. This week I did not have time to log in and seemed to have missed the small window you are allowed. So now I go to log in and my password doesn't work and there is no RESET or Forgot password button.  It gives me a choice for the various accounts (Free and Paid). When I "sign up" again for a new account - since using my current account no longer works - I am allowed to use my old site name/URL and "claim" it.  When I do all that, what I get is the site name but the content is gone!  Anyone else have this experience?  How can I retrieve the course content? I can't believe it is actually gone. Not sure who to email?  Thanks!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Lenert

Re: Retrieve Course- Account De-activated

by Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers को तस्बिर Moodle HQ को तस्बिर Particularly helpful Moodlers को तस्बिर Testers को तस्बिर Translators को तस्बिर

Hello Kate. Just to let you know I've moved your question into the dedicated MoodleCloud forum. Unfortunately it appears according to the MoodleCloud FAQ that if you don't access your site for 60 days it is deleted, including content. As you mention, you did receive several email reminders.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kate Lenert -

Having a 60 day rule to access your course doesn't make sense.  The course can be complete but waiting for content. Doesn't mean it's abandoned. Perhaps a Year is more understandable. 

thanks for responding. Will rebuild the course in Canvas. 

In reply to Kate Lenert

by Chris Reid -

Hi Kate,

The free site retention policy is there to ensure we can continue to provide free and low cost Moodle hosting options for all.  We do send an email to the admin of your account well before the removal. If your site is not going to be used for a period of time, you can choose to upgrade to one of the plans where the policy does not apply.

I can see how this is frustrating for you when you lose your site. Maybe the email got stuck in a spam folder. If you would like to continue with MoodleCloud, email support@moodlecloud.com with your site details and we'll see what we can do with your site. 

Thanks

Chris

Average of ratings: Useful (1)