Learning Plan Reports

Re: Learning Plan Reports

by Daniell Goodin -
Number of replies: 0

Anybody looked at using "BIRT" for generating MySQL reports out of the Moodle DB?

Using BIRT To Report On Bugzilla in MySQL

BIRT Report Designer

I just came across this via some reading and it seems to be that it could be used to setup a report that can be moulded  to the different calls we would have to make..

As to the OP's request. 

I haven't come across a way as yet that can pull up Multiple students\Clients and mark them Competent in groupings. 

Also I am a little worried about getting in to deep with using Moodle Competencies and not being about to pull out these reports. 

From a compliance point of view, its imperative that we have access to full reporting (printed or electronic copies) of each subject module and its set of mapped competencies. 

So with taking this a bit further one Module might have 18 Competencies against it. 

Map this across 16 modules gives us 280+ Competencies. 

While in theory it would be nice to say that Moodle Competencies based learning is not going to add to the work load of the Trainer\assessor. 

At the moment comparing it against a excel spreadsheet\Word Template document and and having the ability to "Power Mark"  and have comments for reasonable adjustment and supporting evidence is a more labour saving exercise then the setup of how Competencies in Moodle are at the moment. 

My New years wish... 

• The ability to preview a students\clients logs.. 
  • then come back in to the Competencies and Bulk accredit these. 
  • Add comments.. 
  • and then be able to print a report with the whole lot out.. 

all with in a 5-10 minute sitting.. smile