Learning Plan Reports

Re: Learning Plan Reports

by Daniell Goodin -
Number of replies: 1

Bit of feed back on meetings held over the last week on this. 

While I understand the price points both companies are asking and also understand that the larger database they are aiming at. 

The tiered plans are not suitable for SMB and or small NGO's \Schools. 

There is a some positive news for the Moodle-hosting users coming.. 

I will leave that to the Moodle team and the company involved to announce. smile

Where does this leave us small self hosted users of Competency based and learning plan training.. 

Unless your willing to pay $US5,000-$10,000 per year... Basically out in the dark.. 

the following is taken off the Orange School Demo site.. 

Demo 1

Demo2  

So we know we have a great set of reporting tools housed within Moodle site.. 

And we know this Data is being captured. 

If there are other's that would like to team up and explore ways to achieve a plugin that would allow export or a pdf report of these. 

I would be willing to discuss possibilities of how we can make this happen. 

My idea at this stage is sub-contract out the programming of a plugin that would allow this to happen.

I think via a PM would be a good idea, as I cant be the only one that would be looking for this solution. 

I am not looking for all the bells and whistles that  the commercial reporting plugins offer.. 

Even if it was just like how we can export the Moodle users logs in to a excel format would be fantastic. 

I have looked in to the Moodle Configurable Reports - but there are a few things against this. .

Plugin is not supported at this stage on higher Moodle versions (But seems it might be coming)

And at this stage I don't know if there the right code available to produce a report like this?

Open to suggestions from the community...

In reply to Daniell Goodin

Re: Learning Plan Reports

by Daniell Goodin -

Anybody looked at using "BIRT" for generating MySQL reports out of the Moodle DB?

Using BIRT To Report On Bugzilla in MySQL

BIRT Report Designer

I just came across this via some reading and it seems to be that it could be used to setup a report that can be moulded  to the different calls we would have to make..

As to the OP's request. 

I haven't come across a way as yet that can pull up Multiple students\Clients and mark them Competent in groupings. 

Also I am a little worried about getting in to deep with using Moodle Competencies and not being about to pull out these reports. 

From a compliance point of view, its imperative that we have access to full reporting (printed or electronic copies) of each subject module and its set of mapped competencies. 

So with taking this a bit further one Module might have 18 Competencies against it. 

Map this across 16 modules gives us 280+ Competencies. 

While in theory it would be nice to say that Moodle Competencies based learning is not going to add to the work load of the Trainer\assessor. 

At the moment comparing it against a excel spreadsheet\Word Template document and and having the ability to "Power Mark"  and have comments for reasonable adjustment and supporting evidence is a more labour saving exercise then the setup of how Competencies in Moodle are at the moment. 

My New years wish... 

• The ability to preview a students\clients logs.. 
  • then come back in to the Competencies and Bulk accredit these. 
  • Add comments.. 
  • and then be able to print a report with the whole lot out.. 

all with in a 5-10 minute sitting.. smile