Global search

Global search

by Heather P -
Number of replies: 1

We are on a Moodle 3 looking to move to a 3.3 on ubuntu 14.

Upgraded the php to 5.6 

I've tried to put the solr server on as per the instructions on the documentation page https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Global_search#Solr_5.2F6_schema_setup but I think I'm on a later version of php to the one it is referring to and I've done my best with it, and it offers up a warning about there being a later version of pecl.

I have extremely limited ubuntu skills, but I thought I had installed the solr server, unfortunately if I have I don't know where.

I've restarted apache.

In Moodle on the global search plugin page (and I'm currently on a test site/test server) at point 3 it says 'The search engine is not available. Please contact your administrator'.

This leads me to believe that I obviously got something wrong in my solr install / set up.

In the php error log I'm getting

[30-Jun-2017 14:39:01 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20131226/solr.so' - /usr/lib/php/20131226/solr.so: undefined symbol: php_json_decode_ex in 

The file is there as opposed to entirely missing. Am I looking at ownership or permissions issues do you think or something else?

Any suggestions of where to start to try to get to the bottom of it please.

Thank you 

Heather

Average of ratings: -