Fail Reattempt Max Grade

Fail Reattempt Max Grade

by Jayden Tyronian -
Number of replies: 2

Hi community

I've had a play with various settings but I do not believe Moodle can do this, however to be 100% sure I wanted to put it put there for help.

We are using Moodle 3.1.

Basically the way we are using the Quiz, is that a student can take the exam as many times as they wish on a Fail attempt.  Once a Pass grade has been received then they are blocked and can't keep taking the exam.

However there is a policy that says a Student who Fails, and then reattempts resulting in a Distinction (highest grade - 100%), can only receive an actual final grade of Honours (90% to 99%).  if they get a Pass or honours on the reattempt then that fine, its just if they get a Distinction on the reattempt.

What I'd like to know is, is there any  automatic way for this to happen to make Moodle go... ok this is a distinction grade, but you have 1 or more failed attempts, so your final grade is Honours.

Thank you for any help.

Jayden

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: Fail Reattempt Max Grade

by Jayden Tyronian -

Just following up on this.  Does anyone have any idea or suggestions?

I'm looking at upgrading our moodle site from 3.1 to 3.3, so insight on options in both 3.1 and/or 3.3 would be appreciated.

Jayden

In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: Fail Reattempt Max Grade

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't believe there is any way to achieve this without hacking core code in either 3.1 or 3.3.