User Tours in Moodle 3.1

User Tours in Moodle 3.1

by Kat Wang -
Number of replies: 7

Hi there. Our university is currently on 2.7 but upgrading to 3.1 soon. We have a dev site with a 3.1 installation, but it is still using our current theme which is based off the Clean theme. I cannot seem to get any of the user tours I downloaded off the tour repository to work in our dev site. i also tried creating my own user tour and that's not working as well. Are User Tours tied to the theme? Do we have to be on Bootstrap for it to work?

Thanks,

Kat

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kat Wang

Re: User Tours in Moodle 3.1

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In the settings for the user tour,in the Tour filters, make sure you have selected your theme as the theme to display the tour in:

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kat Wang -

Hi Mary,

I cannot for the life of me find where to change the settings of the User Tours. In our installation, the User Tours appear in under Site Administration > Appearance > User Tours (https://.../local/usertours/configure.php) Did we install the plugin incorrectly or am I just not looking in the right place for the settings?

Thanks,

Kat

In reply to Kat Wang

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
My screenshot is taken from an individual user tour. Click the edit icon for an individual user tour and you should see it at the bottom there. It is not a global setting but a setting for each tour.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kat Wang -

This is all I get when I click on the Edit button for the 2 tours I am currently testing with:

In reply to Kat Wang

by Mary Cooch -

I don't see any screenshot sorry?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kat Wang -

Strange, I thought it pasted in my reply. I've added it as an attachment instead.

Attachment user tour screenshot.png
In reply to Kat Wang

by Mary Cooch -

Hello. I'm sorry I don't recognise that screen. I think you must have an older verson of user tours - the contributed plugin perhaps. instead of the new standard feature since Moodle 3.1. You don't have the section on Tour filters which is present in the more recent version,